Food was one of my biggest hesitations for camping or backpacking. But after trying out some of the stuffs, I believe you could have good food while you go backpacking. This blog post is about what I liked or didn’t like.
Disclaimer - I’m vegetarian
The breakfast food that we had bought from REI were really good -
- Granola with Milk and Blueberries - Cold cereal.
- Granola with Milk and Bananas - Hot, high in calories and yumm.
We had got Indian breads from Chaat Bhavan in Sunnyvale. These breads don’t need any heating and last for 3 days without refrigerating.
- Methi Theplas
- Methi Parathas
- Plain Parathas
They’re a little bland without the curry but passable. The best part is that you don’t have to stop and prepare them to eat - you can eat them as you hike.
- Pad Thai - Good flavors.
- Curry In a Hurry - Didn’t have the artificial flavor you usually have in packaged food.
- Herbed Mushroom Risotto
- Lentils, Rice and Indian Spice - This was passable.
- Channa Masala - Meh. Some of us liked it though.
- Indian Vegetable Korma - Really bland.
Code. Learn. Explore